Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Baby Leah Update and the Nursery

Becoming a mother has been a very emotional experience for me. I am shocked at how much love I have for Leah, it was instant, the moment I saw her I fell absolutely in love with her. She is such a good little girl. She already has Brad wrapped around her finger. Every time she makes a sound Brad runs to her. He even runs to her the second he gets home from work and tries to wake her up to play with her. Leah doesn't sleep much at night and Brad even wakes up and comes to help. I am so thankful for him, he is such a great dad and husband.

So heres the nursery, finally! Thanks to my mom for helping me with the bedding and curtains! I had no idea what I was doing and she was so patient.






11 comments:

The Bevans said...

She is such a pretty girl! I can't wait to see her again. Babies get cuter by the day. Please call if you need ANYTHING!:)

McDermaid Fam said...

leah is absolutely gorgeous. i want to see more pics! when kinlee was a baby, she had her days and nights mixed up a bit, a bit of advice our pediatrician told us was to not let her slee more than 3hour stretches during the day, that way they learn that longer periods of sleep are for nightime:) before you know it, she will be sleeping for 6-7 hor stretches here in the next month and a half i bet. her room is so cute. i love the furniture. was it yours when you were younger? so cute. hope all is good with you guys.

Dustin & Carrie Jenkins said...

How cute! Leah is a doll! The nursery is darling!! Turned out beautiful!! I can't wait to meet her! Hope the nights get a bit easier, we all know they will, schedules make the world of difference from what I hear. ;) But once again! Congrats and you two are gonna be WONDERFUL parents! She is BEAUTIFUL!!

The Perkins Family said...

i love the burrito picture. arent they so cute all bundled up tight like that. ooohhh...it makes me so gritty. :) She is stinkin' cute. i want to come and visit you and leah sometime! i know what you mean by all the EMOTIONS. Its crazy how you feel. you never KNEW you could feel the way you do. I remember when I had my first...i had so much JOY inside of me...but I still had some hormone emotions right after too...i cried very easily for the first week or so. it must have been the combination of that instant love, instant change, and instant new responsibilitie that i wasnt used to. i think that being a mom is basically second nature from the start, but you really start becoming comfortable with the situation (for example: waking up a ton during the night, getting the breastfeeding down to the "t" and so on) in like 6 weeks. Like, i remember that around the time we blessed our babies...life seemed normal, i was used to everything, and having this new member of the family seemed like it had been that way forever! Anyways, let me know if you need anything at all. I am so excited for you and Brad. You 2 really make cute off spring if i do say so myslef!! :)

Salina said...

Her nursery turned out darling! The best advice I was given for helping you get past the days/nights mixed up thing, is to keep it dark, don't talk to her during the night or interact with her. Basically just feed, change and back to sleep. Once she realizes she doesn't get any attention, it makes it easier to get her back to sleep. (And what Kim said is true too...no day sleep longer than 3 hours!) Good luck! She sure is adorable!

Unknown said...

I've been waiting so long to see the nursery! Its adorable. As is baby Leah. Hopefully I get to meet her soon! You are wonderful!

Anonymous said...

She is a doll! The nursery looks great! Let us know if you need anything

Angie said...

She is so cute. How are you feeling? Her room turned out so cute.

Kathryn said...

She is beautiful. Congratulations! The nursery is adorable too. We can't wait to see her.

Amber and Eric Merrell said...

what is Leah's middle name? She is so so cute. i remember the first month of being a mom was aweful hormones wise. I cried so so much.... it is funny now...wasn't then. Did I say how cute she is....? We cant wait to see you guys.

Stacy said...

She is so beautiful~ I just showed the pics to Tom because he didn't even know you were expecting a baby! Congrats to everyone!